Website Basics Seminar
Website Basics: Get it Right the First TimeRecorded: Thursday, August 25th, 2011 Duration: 56 minutes
Our guest speaker was Tom Malesic from EZSolution
During this seminar, we covered: Successful websites all have one element in common. They have a goal. Have you really thought about the goal for your website? Why are you spending money to take your company products or services into cyberspace? Here are some goals for you to think about as you prepare for the seminar.
- Branding - Create the image of being the expert in your industry.
- Provide Information - It should be worth reading, and motivating the visitor to call you.
- Generate Leads - A highly profitable way to use your website is to make the phone ring.
- Sell Products - If you are selling a product, the web is the most cost effective way to reach clients. (Think no printing and mailing costs.)
- Employee Communication - Get critical information to your employees by posting them online.
- Membership Portals - Membership portals are great tools for businesses, non profits, churches and clubs who need to have clients / members log in to get specific information.
After you know what you want your website to do for you, how do you accomplish this? There are 4 key elements that work together to make your website a success.